Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Progress, Sort Of...

After yet another failure with bananas (my previously 'acceptable' food), Mommy scraped her pride off the floor and called Miss Brenda. She begged her to come over and try feeding me. Seems Mommy and Daddy think they're doing something wrong in the solids department.

Miss Brenda laughed a bit (at Mommy, not me) and gave her some tips and said she'd give it a try when she's over her cold. I swear that family must have a laughfest weekly over the silly things that happen in the Krempa-Burt household. I know I do!

Miss Brenda suggested waiting until I'm super hungry to feed me solids. The ol' starve 'em technique. So, this morning Mommy waited a good hour after I woke up before feeding me and then she started with bananas. I was so desperate I found myself unwillingly opening my precious mouth to the messy, gooey bananas. Three times, in fact. I think I ate one whole tablespoon before winning the battle of the bottle. Only to be surprised that the vitamin fairy did a switcheroo and put iron in it. Turned the milk a disgusting grey and with an even more disgusting taste. It was a rough morning, I tell ya. I went back down for a nap at 7:10am. Hope my mid-morning is more pleasant.

1 comment:

deevahgrl said...

Yeah, mixing your calcium-rich foods with iron solidifies the calcium or something, and makes it lumpy and sticky-togethery. I heard somewhere that you're supposed to consume your calcium (esp. dairy) and iron about 30-60 minutes apart.

Good job on those bananas! Keep it up!