Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Darn This Cold Weather

Since it's been about 12 degrees outside all week and we're in the middle of cold and flu season, Mommy has kept our social schedule so light that I've almost forgotten what the real world looks like.


Mommy has been keeping busy by taking lots of pictures of the two of us. I've learned that if I smile then she'll stop for awhile. This one bought me a whole 47 minutes without the darned flash in my eyes. If only she can figure out how to get a shot with my eyes open.




Gotta keep clean. Oh, and I just love water. When Mommy needs to burn some time before my bedtime bottle she hauls out the bathtub and we play with water. Way cool!


In celebration of MLK Day we visited with Daniel and Bridget. We had a great time, but alas Mommy forgot the camera so no pictures to share. While we were there I played with a musical puppy, a snapping alligator and Tori. I don't think I've shared my affection for Tori with you. Tori is a super cool dog that lets me do things like stick my whole hand in her mouth or my fingers up her nose without biting me. Life just doesn't get any better. The only downside of visiting with my friends is Mommy learned that other babies at this age are being taught to hold their bottles themselves. Seriously, what happened to Mommy catering to my every need?

Aside from running a few errands and the one social visit and starting to get in trouble, it's been so boring. Oh, and Daddy is sick as can be so I'm not allowed to hug him. This sucks!
We have been spending a lot of time with Mufasa, Daddy's kitty cat. I have a great belly laugh that I make everytime I see kitty cat in hopes of making her come closer. So far she likes to stay just beyond my reach. Can't wait until I can crawl and follow her around the house!

This morning Mommy typed up a really long work email and as she was finishing up I reached out and touched just the right key(s) and managed to erase the entire email. Mommy frantically tried every trick she knew to bring back the email's content with no luck. She called Daddy and he just laughed and said it was her own darned fault. I agree.
Ah, the email erasing power of this little hand. Don't mess with me!




I've been eating more this week and look a bit chunky. I hope this means I'm preparing to grow a bit or I'm going to bust out of my Bumbo. Just in case you haven't noticed, no one has combed my hair since California. Daddy loves my hair messy and Mommy has given up. Oh, dear.


To keep me entertained Mommy has been giving me pears. She's finally worn me down. Something about feeding babies something 37 times until it grows on us. Seems to have worked in this case. I actually like pears. When she snuck oatmeal in the pears? Not so much. Grains are gross.

Pears are actually getting to be quite tasty! Gotta love that my bib is as big as my torso. I still win though. I can make food glob onto the table, the floor and Mommy's clothes at every feeding.

Power of purple. Gosh, I'm cute!



Back to the whole 'feeding myself' thing. It took a few days and several feedings, but I'm starting to get the hang of holding my own bottle. When I feel like it, that is. The truly observant will notice that I am still wearing my Halloween outfit. Mommy is in denial that time is flying by and keeps me in clothes long past their shelf life. I think if she had her way I'd be the first college freshman to still take all meals from a bottle- in her lap.
Here I am holding my own bottle.





Spring, please come early so I can play outside and go for walks again.

1 comment:

deevahgrl said...

That pic of you holding your own bottle is precious! Just remember, there may be other pics of you in that position as an older girl...you'll have to do a camera check at parties.

And yes, I will be monitoring your facebook account later on in your life.