Friday, January 16, 2009

Snowy On The Outside, Toasty On The Inside

It is way too cold to be out and about on non-essential business. Mommy took me out briefly yesterday morning to the post office and to Target. Brrrr! Then it was back home for some great adventures.

Boy, do I have exciting news! I found a solid food that I like. Have you seen those yogurt melts for toddlers? Turns out that I just don't like things with the name 'baby' on it. I prefer grown-up foods like Gerber Graduates.

These yogurt melts are great! Mommy breaks them up into little pieces and we take a team approach to eating them. She helps me keep it in my mouth and I chomp my toothless gums until the food literally dissolves. We have a few funny moments as this food is quite sticky and ends up falling out of my mouth and ending up in the most peculiar places.

Yogurt melts are A-OK. Can you tell the piece is on my thumb headed for my belly?


Playing with my toy in my bumbo. I'm having a blast while Mommy struggles to shovel the driveway.


I've figured out my cool gumball machine toy. If I push on the lever, then the machine lights up and makes noise. And gumballs roll around and come out the bottom of the toy for me to play with. The funniest side effect is that Mommy comes rushing over and jumps up and down cheering for me because I pushed the lever. Every time I push the lever. Seriously, she acts like I just got elected Pre-School President.

Here I am in all my glory after pushing the lever and retrieving my gumballs.


Story time. I've heard this one so many times that I'll read it to myself, thank you.


Henry came over to visit and we had a blast with my stackable ring toy. We are such good sharers. You take the yellow ring and I'll take the orange one, if I can catch it!

Henry loved the ExerSaucer and the fish toy. The camera? Not so much. I hear ya', Henry!



Some more exciting times ahead! I tried pears for the first time and actually liked them and ate several bites. For me, this is huge news because I'm slowly getting used to eating solids.

Mommy has wisely avoided that turkey crap she tried exactly once. Just call me vegetarian Samantha until Mommy can find a better way to serve up meat.

Here's a face you don't see too often in the high chair. I'm smiling!

No comments: