Wednesday, August 05, 2009

California, Day 1- The Fun Is Just Beginning

So, let's be honest. Adults have trouble with time zones, so it's little wonder that I woke up at 3:45am PST. Mommy and I headed to the kitchen for my trusty morning sippy cup and then we did the loop of torture. Thank goodness I was in my reliable stroller and it was Mommy that had to struggle with the hills. We rested up on the swings and then said, 'sleeping people be damned, there's toys to be played with' and headed back home.
Once there we had a lovely egg and swiss cheese breakfast and then I set about to personally inspect each and every one of the super cool toys that Grandma Burt put out for me, myself and I.
First stop, you ask? Mommy's backpack with the ever intriguing compass.



Then it was time to break in the ATV. I'll be honest, it was a little intimidating to saddle onto this thing that is almost bigger than I am, butI know in time it will know I'm in charge.


Bella designated herself the trusty dirty diaper sniffer-outer-er. She did a great job!

Truthfully, I'm not sure what Bella is doing here, but it sure was cute so I wanted to share the fun times with you.

Once everyone was up and they had spent sufficient time drooling over the wonder of Samantha Madison Burt, it was POOL TIME!



After such a great workout, it was three hour naptime. Grandma Burt offered to watch me while Mommy and Daddy scooted off for some fun in the sun, adult style.
Grandma Burt and I played lots of fun games that I'm going to keep our special secret. None of that Mommy stealing our fun time ideas here!
Then Auntie Katie came over with my very first cousin, Baby Lauren. Yay for cousins! I am super excited to be the big cousin and help show Lauren how to get into mischief. She has a lot to learn!

What kind of mischief you ask? Well, for starters I totally went through half a brand new box of tissues and relocated them to the kitchen floor. Then it was time to shove all my grubby fingers UP Bella's nose. Oh, Lauren. You have much to learn!

No comments: