Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dog Days Of Summer

I'm recovering nicely from my ear infection though I must say that it's been quite the week.

Since Daddy's flight to Chicago was canceled, we got to spend Saturday as a family. We were
experiencing some ill effects from some hurricane so it's been raining cats and dogs. I made the executive decision to direct all activities inside the confines of our home, far away from the endless rain.

I know I'm not supposed to stick my fingers in other people's mouths after I did it at school and ended up with a bite mark on my pointer finger, but I can't resist when Daddy is around.


Whoops- that moment was caught on camera by the paparazzi? Snag that camera!

Kisses for Princess Samantha!


I just love shoes these days. And I totally know that they go on my feet. What I haven't gotten a hang of is why Mommy and Daddy's shoes don't fit my feet so well. Any ideas?


Hmm, I really think that I can fit inside this trash can. It would be the ultimate ride!


Surf's up!


Mommy needed a break from me? What is she talking about? Soooo, Daddy took me on a magic blanket ride around the living room, dining room and kitchen. Then I took the magic blanket ride upstairs into my playroom where I found Mommy had just finished assembling my Little People Garage.
Daddy stole a few moments to himself and put down my new rug, so I trooped down the hall to inspect his handy work and discovered that my clean clothes were inside my dresser drawers. What is wrong with Mommy? Thank goodness someone around here knows where things really belong. Clean clothes go on the floor, Mommy!



See, now I know exactly where my complete, matching outfits are as soon as I get up in the morning. Now that's efficiency!


What is this basket of my sun items doing on top of my dresser. I can see this is going to be a long row to hoe.



I found out that Mommy also out together my Pottery Barn Kids anywhere chair. Boy, this is really turning out to be my day! Think I'll break it in and see what's going on outside in the corn field. Can you believe I got a talking to that chairs were made to be sat in? Daddy just laughed at Mommy and told me to go ahead and do what I want. Talk about mixed messages.



What's a baby to do with conflicting advice? Look totally innocent and hope the parents get distracted by the cat.



Back to nature watching.



I totally love this chair!


One of the baby shower gifts received from Daddy's generous work buddies was a super cool rocking chair with my name on it. I decided it should go right next to the glider in my room, right under the reading lights so I can go to town with all the great books in my library. Now, if I can just get in the rocking chair. Daddy, help please.

Here I am in total concentration mode.


One foot up, one more to go.


Yikes, this is much harder to do when the chair rocks under you!


Success!


Daddy, you're the bestest! Thanks for being my knight in shining armour and always coming to my rescue.


Here is one of my trademark 'tongue to the side' smiles that I display when I'm totally at peace with the world.



I rock, literally!


Go, go, Samantha, go, go.


I absolutely love talking on the phone, but think they are too heavy to hold up to my ear. Instead I prefer to throw them o’er my shoulder like a continental soldier.
Whew, what a great, fun-filled day. Now it's off to bed to rest up and get ready for family Sunday.

Side note, I am totally digging the scenery of my car trips to and from my new house. I absolutely loved the sunflower field until a few days ago when they were cut down. I also see a lot of corn, fruit trees and berries. There are some fields that have mystery growth, but I'm sure to figure it out one of these days. I also love that at least four houses on my street have horses, two of them are stables that offer lessons to the public. I'm the public as soon as I turn six!

No comments: