Thursday, August 06, 2009

California, Day 2- Beach Bound!

Whew, another early morning. This time it was closer to 5am, but I'm pretty sure it was more because of our fun packed welcome wagon to CA yesterday rather than me adjusting to the time zone change.


I got up and said my first ever morning prayer, which included a desperate wish for my very own car.



What, you say, it didnt' work? Gosh darn it!



Oh, well, back to the trusty ATV. At least no one will stop me from scooting around on this vehicle!

Can you tell I'm already way more confident on this motor vehicle than I was yesterday? By next week I'll be ready for a monster truck!

Every once and awhile, I put a picture on the blog just because I know how much Mommy loves it. Bear with me as this is one of those times.

Off for a nap. Three hours later a very groggy but happy Samantha is ready for my forever to be known as the 'lady parts outfit'.


Just call me California Beach Baby! Grandma and Grandpa Burt took the Krempa-Burts to Balboa Island. Grandma wanted to show us where she lived when she was living large as a young, single woman in her twenties. What inspiration!


This was my first time experiencing California beaches, sand and ocean. How do you think I did? Well, as Mommy puts is quite succinctly- she doesn't like 'the elements'. I think I might be a Momma's girl. What do you think? Check out Grandpa Burt capturing my first sand experience. Look closely and you'll see that I'm reacting to the sand as if it's poison.


Yep, sand doesn't belong UNDER my feet!

By this point, I've banned all sand beneath my callus free feet.

















So, I took Grandma's great suggestion of laying out a towel and enjoying the sand from the safety of my sand barrier. Thanks, Grandma!

This is me chillin' out.

And EATING sand. It's more tasty than you'd think. Try it and let me know what you think.

So, by now you know how much Daddy and I hate the darned camera that Mommy is always toting around. Wanna meet someone who dislikes them more? Meet GRANDPA BURT!

But, when he's with the love of his life he perks right up!

Look at how proud Mommy and Daddy are to be my parents!

At this point, though my buddha belly was filled to the gills with sand, we decided to have a bona fide lunch. So, across the water we went on the boat and found a super good seafood restaurant.

I used the time between our order and eating wisely and called Aunt Lissa to tell her I hope she was having fun at home.

I was the only one who actually ate the local fare. It was crab cakes for me and hamburgers for the rest of the gang. Too funny!

After much fun, it was time to head home and get ready for cousin Bryce to come into town. We emailed his Mommy and Daddy to ask what kind of food he wants to eat while he was here. Since I'm such a special eater, Mommy and Daddy are sensitive to baby's food quirks. We didn't know it at the moment, but we didn't have anything to worry about with Bryce!

No way am I meeting Bryce for the first time all dirty. Here I am fresh from bath time. Night, night!

No comments: