Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thank Gooseness for Dr. W

Today is the big surgery to remove the 'bump' next to my right eye. Mommy popped me into my "I might be little, but I'm tough" onsesie and we headed to the hospital for our 7am arrival time.Once there, I swallowed 2.2ml of tasty stuff and then some Tylenol. Then I got woozy, calm and relaxed. Mommy and Daddy tried to score some more of the good stuff, but got totally denied.

Here I am playing on the phone and hold Mr. Goose.


Look- we're all linked together! Even Mr. Goose had a band so he could stay with me.


See how happy I am - meds are great!
I think it's a little sad, but this is the same surgical center that Mommy and Daddy BOTH had surgeries at this year. I've spent way too much time here. The nurses remembered me and, if that wasn't funny enough, Mommy's doctor walked into the pre-op room and thought he was going to operate on my toes. As if! Mine are perfect, I tell ya. Mommy told Dr. S that one of her toes needs more attention and he just looked at Daddy and said he had five minutes until his next surgery, did he want him to cut off Mommy's toe. Ha!
An hour and 15 minutes after being wheeled into the big OR, Dr. W came out to tell Mommy and Daddy they could stop pacing. Dr. W said it was the easiest bump removal he's had because it was free floating and we got it so early. I am an overachiever, huh?

After an eventful time coming out of anesthesia, we hung out at the hospital for the required hour and then headed home. Mr. Goose was my constant companion, both in and out of the operating room. Thank gooseness for security blankets!

This is me, minus my bump and plus three layers of stitches.


After a quick lunch of french fries and a frosty, I was back to my old self. That is, I chased Mufasa around the house and got into mischief.

Mommy and I went for a walk in downtown Cranbury. I had my first 13month-old-sized ice cream cone. I was over the moon that this melting mess was all mine. Yummy!

Then we came home to find Daddy breaking in his John Deere. I think the colors go better with my complexion. What do you think?



That is hi ya dog that Mommy got when she was a freshman in college nineteen years ago. It is a good distraction and makes me feel tough. I rock!

2 comments:

deevahgrl said...

You DO rock! I bet you were super tough despite being roofied up. :)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear everything went well. We miss you and can't wait to see you back at school.
Love Ms. Kim