Sunday, August 09, 2009

California, Day 5- Hot Cross Buns

Whew, after a super fun-filled day yesterday it was time to take a break and get my baby yoga on. Look how flexible I am.
Now it's time to incorporate some toy trains into my morning exercise routine.


Ever since I played the piano at baby Elizabeth and Vanessa's house, I've been itching to really practice my scales. Thank goodness Bryce has the patience of a saint. We're a good team, if I do say so myself.


We take our noise making very seriously!


Bryce is 20 months old and I'm 13 months, yet I'm half his size. Go figure.


Mommy found a very special onesie for this trip. It says 'Grandpa's sweetheart' and it couldn't be more accurate. I am the apple of his eye. And, in case you're wondering, the intense dislike of the camera comes straight down the Burt lineage.
"Grandpa, you ready for a lame photo session? Think we can take her?"


Mommy, if I hug you will you drop the camera like a hot potato?



Almost there. If only we caught Grandpa smiling we'd be through with this ordeal.


Closer. Hopefully the next one will be spot on.

Hooray!

After a great afternoon by the pool, the kiddos spent the evening with Grandma and Grandpa Burt and Aunt Donna. We had a great time at home singing, dancing, playing and plowing through all the kiddie food in the fridge.

The rest of the grownups went to Coyote Grill in Laguna Beach for margaritas and great mexican food. That is the grownups minus Mommy who had a super lame cheese quesadilla. Her saving grace was suggesting an order of coconut shrimp for an appetizer.
Then they headed to Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point, where Mommy and Daddy flashed their huge smiles at a baby-free outing. Deep down, way deep down they were distraught to be out without me!

No comments: