Monday, August 10, 2009

California, Day 6- Babies, Babies Everywhere!

Mommy had to work this morning so Daddy and I headed to Dave's parents house. They are so much fun! They were watching Dave's doggy, Chianti. She is so much fun and everyone got to bask in the glory of my endless belly laughs. Chianti would crouch down, wiggle her tushie and bait me into chasing her. Once I got within reach, Chianti would scoot just beyond my reach. I worked up such an appetite that Dave's Mommy introducted me to old-fashioned goodness of ginger snaps. They really should be marketed to the teething.

I'm not normally one to share my spotlight, but I'll make a special exception in the case of my very first cousin, Lauren.

Isn't she a cutie and just look at how natural my Daddy is with babies. I should know- he spent countless hours with me walking around the house explaining the function of everything we saw.

Lauren was super excited to see Mommy and agreed with my assessment that Mommy has the best hair for pulling. Look at her try to get a grasp of those dirty blond waves.

Aunt Katie took a breather from her Mommy duty while Lauren slept. She is super good at playing My Little Ponies. Lauren, you're so lucky!


Here is Bryce and his Daddy lacing up their sandals and getting ready to bid the OC adieu and head back to the great state of Washington. We already firmed up plans to get together next year. Will it be lounging my the pool or camping in our future? We won't tell you yet....



After company left, Daddy, Mommy and I headed to Fritz and Serena's house to visit with Brianna and feast on cornish game hen. My appetizer was Mr. Octopus. Yummy!


And here we have the spotlight right where it should be, on me!


Fritz made the most amazing meal and dessert. The grownups ate the dinner, while I had my fair share of the dessert. Boy, I wish we lived closer to these great friends who also happen to be amazing cooks.

Sadly our week of fun in the sun has come to an end and we need to head home to reality in the morning. Sure hope the plane isn't delayed and the silly Disney traffic doesn't clog up the security lines at the airport.

Toodles!

No comments: