Saturday, August 08, 2009

California, Day 4- Here's To 40 More

Not that anyone else can tell, but I think long and hard on the right title to my posts. Most of the times they only mean something to me, but once in a blue moon I hit a homer. I struggled to title this one and had a few ideas that didn't beat out the winner you see above. I'll list them and ask you for your thoughts.

  • Doctor in the house!

  • The great backwash incident of 2009

  • Me and my champagne- back off, buster!

Back to the adventures....

Four days into my trip I've managed to drain the batteries on the ATV. Thank goodness Grandpa Burt was on call and served as our resident physician to nurse my favorite toy back to health. Yay for grandpas!


Mommy made Daddy give me a bath and comb my hair. I think it was the first time since I was a newborn that Daddy has touched my comb. Seriously, can you tell Mommy that I look like I have helmet hair and my out of control curls are so much cuter?


Super late last night my second cousin, Bryce and his Mommy and Daddy came into town and came to stay with us. I say, 'the more the merrier'. Enough introduction- meet Bryce!



Quick backstory. Mommy and Daddy diligently sound out a food list for Bryce from his parents so we could go shopping for him and make sure his stay was as comfortable as possible . Grandma Burt did the same thing for me and it was super appreciated to have some good eats on hand when I arrived. Bryce's Daddy just asked for grapes and yogurt and then said he will eat anything. After meeting my super nice, funny cousin I can honestly confirm that he is in fact a 20-month-old human garbage disposal. He will eat everything and anything. He is my idol!
I'm not sure that it is appropriate to tell you what I was thinking at this very moment, but you can bet it was juicy and not repeatable in mixed company.


The cousins decided it was high time to see what this southern California beach thing was all about. So, off to Dana Point we went. It was so worth it to see the pretty sand, surf and sun.
Here is a token picture of Mommy and me at the beach.



And a close up of yours truly.



So much for the combing exercise in futility earlier this morning. My hair is more out of control than usual.


After a fun-filled eight minutes at the beach we headed down the shoreline for more adventures. We reached the end of the parking lot and decided we needed sustenance to make it through the rest of the day. Bryce's Daddy took one for the team and walked back to get the car while the rest of us munched on goldfish and water. I had my small water bottle and Bryce was sharing a big water bottle with his parents. Or, so they thought....
Bryce's Daddy gave him his water bottle, yelped and then dumped half the water out. Why, you ask? Well, it seems that Bryce's mouth was stuffed to the gills with goldfish yet he wanted water. What's one to do? Why, spit the goldfish out of his mouth and into the water bottle to make room for the water. Super gross if you need to complete the visual. Truthfully, despite all my laughing I had a little backwash in my bottle as well and when I was finished drinking the goldfish sediment settled to the bottom on the bottle and Mommy tossed it before anyone else could see it.



While Bryce stuffed his face, literally, I took the dainty approach of one goldfish at a time. Not saying that one way is better than another, but...



It does mean that I don't squash the hunger pains as quickly.



Back at the homestead we ran into more guests- boy, we're coming out of the woodwork! This round was Aunt Donna and cousin Sarah.
Here I am in my super cute bathing suit cover up hanging with Daddy and Sarah.


Here's a close up of my party outfit, complete with a matching Nuk.

Just in case you were wondering why we went to CA in the summer instead of the winter to escape the Jersey weather, we flew out to help throw a party for Grandma and Grandpa's 40th wedding anniversary. It was so neat to meet all of their friends and see so much love and happiness on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.


By 3pm the party guests were beginning to arrive and I started checking out my competition that would be stealing my baby attention. Here is super cute Brianna and her Daddy, Fritz. I wasn't really sure what to think of this guy who was known to take duct tape and turn it upside down to catch Mufasa when she jumped on the television. I go lots of places I'm not supposed to go. This might not bode well for me!


Aunt Lissa kindly took time from the festivities to help me in my quest to walk.



Enough of that- Daddy time!




Since it was a family BBQ, we needed a family shot. Daddy had to direct us to smile at the camera.


Turns out my swim diaper wasn't meant to serve as a long-term land diaper, so I wet through my diaper, swimsuit, coverup and Mommy's dress. Fun times. I ended up with a new outfit-my party dress and Mommy took a hairdryer to her 'Samantha spot'.



Cute dress, huh? See, it's backless. This picture should be rated PG-2!



Yes, the sun hat is cute, but super annoying.


During toast time Daddy and I shared a special moment that Mommy caught on camera. Daddy puts my Nuk in his mouth and I grab it. I've said it before and it's true- Daddy is so much more fun than Mommy!

Here I am with Daddy and Aunt Lissa. What I wouldn't give for her champagne glass.




Score!



Forget toys, this is the best ever.


Seriously, I can't get enough of this 'glass'.





Here I am with the 'rents and Aunt Ginny.


Thank goodness I don't take myself too seriously because, with all these silly pictures, I think you might suspect I'm a baby with a champagne glass problem.


Silly Mommy, why do I need a hat all the time?



Okay, enough with all the nice people. I want my Momma, now!

But, I'll settle for upside down Samantha time.

I am so happy for Grandma and Grandpa Burt and wish them another 40 years of health and happiness.

No comments: