Friday, August 07, 2009

California, Day 3- Tickle Those Ivories

Mommy wimped out and slept in. Daddy and I greeted the day at a chipper 4:15am and then headed out for a three mile jaunt around the neighborhood.


How many grandparents have pianos to spare? Who cares, so long as one set of them belong to my family. Yay for the Burts! They have very kindly offered to give us one of the family pianos.


My reaction to this good news? Scoot over to one of the pianos and start my lessons. Look closely and you'll see that it's Mommy's lap I'm perched on. Why would I be hanging out with the lone person who can't read music after years of chorus and private voice lessons, complete with sight reading classes? Simply put, I inherited her short stature and needed a boost. Her lap was handy and I jumped at the offer.


Darned short arms- REACH!



Spirit fingers make great music!



Hey, I'm one half of a fist bump.



Daddy, I see you!




Daddy and I had our private swim lesson. I got another talking to for trying to drink the pool water. Why am I always getting a talking to?





Stretch.


Right after pool time, we snuck out for some good ol' fashioned In and Out. Don't know what that is? Shame! It's a super tasty burger joint. Against my better judgement, I decided to share my loot with Mommy. Boy, was it her lucky day!



Tuckered out, I went down for a super long nap while Mommy and Daddy snuck over to cousin Lauren's for a cuddle visit. When they got there Lauren needed some alone time with her Mommy so my Mommy and Daddy played with Malibu. Here Daddy and Malibu are having a battle of power. Each thinks they are in charge. I won't tell you who actually one this one, wink, wink.



When I woke up from my nap Grandma Burt and I spent some time in the front yard pruning the roses. Did you know they prick like the dickens if you're not careful? Learn from my experiences and you'll cry way less than I do!


When Mommy and Daddy and got home I showed them the fruits of my labor- practice walking, of course.

My other great milestone of the day was officially pointing to Grandma Burt when someone mentioned her name. Boy, did that make everyone grin from ear to ear. Sweet!
I'm not going to embarass Mommy too much, but when she ditched me to go get a manicure she got her just desserts. She ended up with a nail polish-free manicure. Talk about the emperor with no clothes. Sucker!

No comments: