Sunday, October 24, 2010

Denmark Denial

I woke up bright and early and tried to cuddle with Mommy on couch- note, we totally need bigger couch. There is positively no room for me with Mommy's belly in the way. What on earth has she been eating?

Daddy made me breakfast and Mommy went grocery shopping. Daddy was trying to be sneaky, but I was bummed to see him packing for Denmark. So, I took matters into my own hand and headed into my room and packed my suitcase with all essential toys for a week away from home. I know Daddy keeps his suitcase in the foyer waiting for his car service so I tried to do the same. I made it most of the way down the stairs before falling, suitcase and all. Yikes! but I made it through and got a bonus barney episode out of Daddy. If only he decided to stay home, then life would be jim dandy.

When Mommy came home it was trade off time so Daddy could get a haircut. This is how I felt being pulled away from Barney just to run some silly errands.
But I perked right up when I heard where we were headed.
We went to the car wash since no one could tell her car is technically white. I want to go back. It rains inside!

She pushed her luck by taking me to Home Depot without a cart and then got made when I wanted to shake light bulbs for quality control purposes. Seriously, a toddler with no cart is just asking for it!

Mommy made it up to me by driving by the fire house and lake on way to return library books- why are they always closed at 10am on a Sunday? Bummer.

By the time we got home it was lunches and nap time. I woke up just in time to see Daddy all dressed for the car to take him to the airport. I jumped right into action.

"Let's go, Daddy. I go to Denmark, too."

I have my toys and a smile. Think the whole passport thing will be an issue?
Mommy and Daddy teared up a bit when they realized I was serious about going to Denmark and I teared up a lot when I realized Daddy was really leaving for the 4th week in a row without me. This totally makes me sad. It took me most of the afternoon to recover. Mommy hates these times and so do I!

No comments: