Saturday, October 16, 2010

Katie and Samantha, Big Sisters In Training

I was so excited that today is Saturday that I woke up at 6am sharp and called for Mommy and Daddy to remind them that today is The Little Gym day. I am diggin' the days of the week. I know what comes next for all seven days and Mommy has decided that I am ready to learn the concepts of months. I told her to stop pushing me and take me to The Little Gym. After all, I'm just two and need to focus on fun!

The Little Gym was a blast. I totally into running around, jumping, hanging on the bars and walking the balance beam. I even threw in a backwards summersault just for kicks.

We raced home and Mommy got all yoga'd up and then we headed out to Katie's house. Katie, me and the Dads had scheduled a great playdate while the Mommies went to prenatal yoga. Katie is getting a baby brother two weeks before I get a baby sister. How super cool is that? T

The playdate was awesome. Dads are super laid back on playdates and there was even some tv watching, game playin' and lunchin'. Sometimes us toddlers just need to unwind a bit. It's hard causin' a ruckus all day long and we just need to rest up. The Mommies came back super relaxed. I see a great Saturday morning tradition starting!

The only downside to the yoga outing is the time of day, it totally butts up against my nap time. And, we all know not to mess with my nap time. Me, who kicks people out of my house when I'm ready for night, night. I went home, skipped a full lunch and went right to bed. And, boy, did I sleep super long and late- almost 3pm! And, I even hung out in my crib just resting for 3o minutes. I'm totally diggin' being a toddler.

Then we headed to Main Street. It's amazing how long a two mile walk can take when I'm setting the pace. We're talking hours when you throw in distractions like the fire house, the lake and neighborhood doggies. Too bad Mommy forgot the camera to capture such peaceful moments.

No comments: