Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bah Humbug, Trick Or Treating Is Overrated

Mommy and Daddy have been bringing the whole dress up and knock on people's doors for candy concept for the last month. They told me I'd be a pretty butterfly and have a great time. I smiled and replied enthusiastically every time that I was super excited. Ha! I fooled them!


The day started out great with Mommy grocery shopping while Daddy and I nurtured my inner Picasso. Fish are hands down my favorite thing to drawn and watch someone draw for me. I even name them. I'm super creative with names, aren't I?




After a whole day of fun, it was about 4:30 and Mommy asked if I was ready to be a butterfly and go get some candy. I said, "maybe later. I stay home. No dress-up." PS- what part of that statement is unclear or misleading. Mommy tricked me into wearing the pants, but the top with wings. Well, that would have to wait until the South Pole melted.

We got in the car, one of us more unwilling than the others and headed to Main Street. Mommy 'forgot' my coat and I froze my tushie off, so I unwillingly put on the butterfly top. Can you imagine what I'm thinking here? You'd be 100% right!

We went to the first house, which was people I know and like the rest of the year. This particular day? Well, I didn't really like anybody. After I got my candy, Mommy asked me if I was having fun. I replied, "no". Enough said.

At least Daddy felt badly enough for me that he carried me from house to house and whispered plans to ditch Mommy next Halloween so I wouldn't have to dress up.

Well, if the candy is there I might as well take it, right?
Right in my candy basket!
The best view of my costume.
And the best view of my enthusisam for this silly holiday.

Thankfully, this was enough to put the whole trick or treating thing to bed and we snuck into the pizza place for dinner. Did I forget to mention that the promise of pizza was the only reason I agreed to get into the car in the first place?

Here I am checking out my loot.
And selecting my favorite, the safety reflector that lights up when you push a button.
Mommy then went to the bathroom and came back to find me back in my costume, ready for take 2. We went to two more houses and then headed home. I was super excited, can't you tell?
I sorta smiled- as much as an annoyed toddler can, anyways.
And Mommy still had the gumption to try to put the headpiece on. Seriously!
As soon as I put a stop to the whole dress up thing, I focused in on my favorite part. Counting my loot. Everybody take note- Mommy is six whole months pregnant and you're looking at the first picture of her straight on. See what I've been sayin'?
I asked to eat a piece of candy. Daddy said no and Mommy said yes. I started liking Mommy again right away.
Hello, Mr. Goodbar!
And I've confirmed that I still don't like the taste of chocolate. A mouse could eat more in one bite than I did. Onto other activities.
I know, I know. Let's count my candy. Just like last year!
This blinker safety thing sure is a lot of fun. Make it light up, Daddy!
Now hand it over.
How does this thing stay on my shirt?
I think I've got it.
Notice that my candy is going shopping with me.
Daddy realized that I hadn't bathed in a super long time and he plopped me in the tub. I sure love bath time!
More aptly called "splash time" in my neck of the woods.
That's why we close the door- to keep the splashes out of the floor where Mommy and Daddy are. Mommy gets all riled up when she's soaking wet in her day clothes. Daddy takes the laid back approach and we try to scare each other through the door.

No comments: