Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Great American Pumpkin Pickin' Adventure

In preparation for an absolutely amazing day, I grabbed my red doggy shirt, my fruit and hunkered down at the breakfast table.

With each bite, I gazed lovingly at the only doggy Mommy will ever let me have. See him? He's the black splotch on the red shirt. I've named him 'Spot'.
I had a rockin' morning with Mommy and Daddy. Love family time and gotta get Daddy time while I can this month. Darn you, travel! Anywhoo, after a great nap we all headed over to the Orchard for some fun with Emily, Connor, goats and pumpkins.

There were so many people there that the corn was all gone but Mommy sweet talked some parents who took pity on three super cute kids and passed some goat feed our way. We continued the pay it forward thinking and called all goats over to us.

We are such do gooders!
Hmm, it sure looks like the goats are spoiled and overstuffed.

Darn you goats! Can you believe they were so full they left us kiddos high and dry. They flat out robbed us of our chance to feed them silly.
I ditched them sent Daddy over to the trusty horse. He's never snubbed me.
In fact, he makes me laugh with full on belly jiggles.
Here's to our annual Daddy and me October family outing photo.
This farm is the bestest. I am flat out obsessed with tractors and was super thrilled to see one at my disposal. I jumped right on and steered right into Princeton.
I'm an awesome driver!
License? What is that?
Daddy wanted to drive the tractor, too. Too bad Mommy's so chubby or she would have joined us.
The line was so super long at the tractor, we left them and headed over to the wagon that looked like it would collapse if you stared at it too hard. We threw caution to the wind (after Mommy double checked that Daddy's life insurance premiums were paid up) and hopped aboard for a photo op. I was less than thrilled to pose for Mommy.
I just wanted to see the duckies.
Ah, onto the big pumpkin picking adventure. Our admission included a coupon for a tiny pumpkin so I was able to pick any one that was covered under the coupon. Way to splurge! Daddy and I went solomnly over to the vast pumpkin patch, which was really a bunch of pumpkins already picked on pallets. I grabbed the first one I saw and scooped it right up. Mommy dropped to her knees and took the annual Daddy and me pumpkin picking photo.
And just stood there while Mommy snapped shot after shot.
And we both asked each other when it would ever stop.
I cheered Mommy on for the courage to put the darned camera down and Daddy sent her not so subtle thoughts of annoyance.
I'm sure you've seen from other posts, but the Orchard has an awesome tractor toddler lot and Mommy was fast on her swollen feet, snagging my favorite Samantha sized tractor.
As if there wasn't enough fun today, Mommy pushed her belly out and feigned starvation until someone said the magic word, donuts. Mommy perked right up and said, 'yes, please'. I didn't want her to feel bad or risk my belly getting smaller when hers is only getting bigger, so I hunkered down on the picnic bench and dove right in. Don't get between me and my cider donut!
Cookie Monster can have his cookies, I call the donuts!
After I was so super stuffed that I almost couldn't walk, Emmy's Mommy suggested the corn maze. Daddy heard the stories from our maze experience earlier this month, so he immediately took the lead. We followed like faithful lemmings.
Pausing only to smile for the camera.
What you don't see is us cutie patootie lemmings ditching our fearless leader and running through the maze, totally off course until we decided to leave through the entrance.
Then we headed over to Connor's house for amazing pizza and fun with his awesome toy train set. I totally need more guy friends.

No comments: