Monday, October 18, 2010

The Long Way Home

October is an amazing month. I'm sad that the corn season is over and was such a bust in this area, but the farmland is still so beautiful and relaxing. Since it's almost Halloween, there is a huge pumpkin patch at the farm and I just love seeing it on the way to school.

On the way home? Well, that's when my backseat driving totally kicks in and I demand to go the long way so I can pass by the fire house, lake and a chance to see horses. In fact, if Mommy takes that right turn to head straight home, then I start crying and screaming like the two year old I am. Since it takes so long to calm down, Mommy tends to give in most days and we take the super long way home. I think I add a whole four minutes to the commute home, bringing it up to a whole 16 minutes- the best of the day, if you ask me!

When we arrived home, we broke into quiche making machines. Mommy preps the mushrooms while I shove all the spinach into a huge saute pan. Then she cooks the mushroom and spinach while I put the cheese into the pie pan. Or eat the cheese as the traitor camera decided to share with you.


I'm a shredded swiss cheese nut!
And simply can't get enough, no matter how ridiculous I may look.
So long as I'm keeping my buddha belly filled, I'm one happy camper.
Go determination and dedication to the belly!
And, when I thought Mommy turned her head I snuck in one last huge, unlady-like bite. Boy, did I misjudge that one!
Eh, who cares. I'm a cheese lover. Go Wisconsin!

No comments: