Saturday, July 09, 2011

Cookies And Cake, Yes Please!

Today is super special.  Emily came over for a play date iwthout her Mommy.  It was our first ever baby/toddler play date ever. 

Samantha busted out the Good Night Moon floor puzzle.
While Emily played in the doll house.
While Mommy and I watched the action from a far.
We entertained ourselves nicely, if I do say so myself.

Hmm, I do think I'll take a hamburger.  Thanks, Samantha!

And a hotdog, thanks a bun Emily. Ha, ha!
Yummy!
My snack gave Emily and Samantha hunger pains just watching me.  So it was off in search of goldfish.

Lots of goldfish!

With a side of silly faces!

Doctor Emily took Samantha's temperature under her dress strap. Yeah, I don't get it either, but it totally worked for them.

Samantha's turn!
Where's my turn?
After snack time, Samantha and Emily went upstairs to play a Dora movie on the walls.  Then after it was too scary for Emily we moved onto a more neutral activity.  Making cookies.  Score!  Emily and Samantha loved decorating their cookies.
It was a super serious activity.
With precise decorating going on.
A pat here and a sprinkle there.
Wah la!
Houston, we have cookies!

Here is Emily's stash.  Wonder if she's going to share with her Mommy?


Hmm, it's not looking good!
I think Samantha is on Emily's page.  She looks like she has no intention of sharing with Mommy or me!
After lunch it was time to drive Emily home and then head off to Jack's first birthday party.

You're not Jack, but you're super cute and I'll play with you.
I'm almost sitting!
Angel yoga pose in action.
Grabby Gabby getting her grabby on.
Burt girls totally not looking at the camera.
0 for 2.  Bummer!

I just realized that Emily and Jack's Daddy's are both totally obsessed with Star Wars.  I think Jack and Emily's brother might just become best friends!
Self portrait.
Not a big fan of self portraits when I don't have enough time to make myself pretty.
Hey what's this?
Oh, thanks for explaining!  Jack gets to crawl to any object of his choice and the object he chooses will tell us what his calling will be.
He, born to two very artsy parents, chose the calculator.  Love it!
Daddy was in shock.
I took this opportunity to perfect angel pose.



And here is the super cool part.  Remember I mentioned the Star Wars connection earlier on?  How cool is this?  A Star Wars pinata!

And, in the age of silly litigation, Jack's parents took no chances.  Sure they busted out a pinata, but there was nary a stick or base ball bat in sight.   The genius pinata designers developed a way to attach strings to the pinata and we kids take turns pulling them down and one string pulls a trap door that allows candy to fall to the floor.
Jack went first.
And demanded a second chance.  Hey, any cutie in a a bow tie can take 10 tries in a row if it were up to me!
Jack likes my proposal!
But, alas, no candy.... yet.



Keep trying!

Hooray!
Candy, candy everywhere!
And Samantha, who looks sweet in her dress, busted out her inner candy fondness, and dove for all the candy her bag could hold.
And then grabbed more!
Emily, thank you for a great play date.  Jack, thank you for inviting us to celebrate your very special first birthday.  I have a not so secret crush on you.  Wanna be my date to my first birthday party?

No comments: