Friday, July 01, 2011

Kicking Off The Long Weekend Burt Style

I'm totally digging pre-school.  I came home yesterday and shared with Mommy a super important rule in Miss Danielle's class. "We don't throw books at Harmony."

Now, to start this long weekend off right.  Mommy has off work today and both Mommy and Daddy have off work on Monday.  Tuesday?  Daddy's work holiday.  Five days full of family time?  I think there will be some fun with a side of meltdowns, if you ask me.

Let's start with the fun.  Chrissy found her toes!


She has been channeling her inner yoga and it's really paying off.
Yeppers, another thought that she shared with her big sister only.  And it's a doozie!

I don't want to eat my cantaloupe!

The spoon won't come any closer. It's stuck!
Crappers, Mommy got the spoon unstuck and headed towards my mouth.  All for the promise of a fun outing.  I sure hope it pays off.
It did.  We're at the zoo!


Monkeys.  Wake up!
I'm ready!
I love that our zoo passes let us go on rides for free.  Choo-Choo!
Chugga, chugga, choo-choo! Chrissy was a little freaked out when the conductor rang the bell. What a baby!
She was so tuckered out looking at all the animals she plumb fell asleep on her toy.  Silly Chrissy!
She is cute when she sleeps, isn't she?
After an amazing time at the zoo, I took a nap on the way home and when we got there we were met with a Daddy who was very annoyed with our loudness.  Where do you go when you want to be loud?  The library, of course!
Hmmm,  why isn't this working?  Turns out it isn't a touch screen like my normal library and I don't know how to work a mouse and was in no mindset to learn.  After much drama, Mommy whisked me to the potty and off to bigger and sweeter things.
Those aren't boogies.
It's cupcake frosting.
Call it what you will, these are some seriously tasty cupcakes!
Best eaten frosting first.
Yummy!

Chrissy agrees!
Frosting all gone.
Well, almost.

Back home, Mommy threw up her hands and demanded Daddy give her a break.  His solution?  Outside with the hose.


I think it's going to go downhill from here.
Yeppers, I got all wet.  Double yeppers to me wearing the pretty necklace Mommy wore in Abby's wedding.  I'm beautiful!
This here half naked girl is the swinging champ of our swing set!
And I've worked up such an appetite it must be time for pizza! 
Chrissy agrees!
Whatcha looking at?  Doesn't everyone have mad, crazy hair and pink sunglasses?
This is my house.  I touch it every week.  Can't wait to move in.

Are you sure?

Sure I'll push you.  Just make sure you tell Mommy that it was your idea.
Or not so much because Daddy rescued you over the bumpy sidewalk.  Traitor!


No comments: