Sunday, July 17, 2011

Streaking At The Beach- Yikes!

This morning was gloriously beautiful and the beach called out my name ever so softly, "Samantha, come play in the sand and jump in the waves."  As I do anytime I hear non-animate objects speaking to me, I ran to Daddy and told him that we had to run to the beach. 

Well, not quite.  Turns out I was naked as the day I was born.  Go to the beach naked?  That's silly!

Here I am partially dressed.  Well, not really.   But who can put sunscreen on when you're wearing clothes? Now, that's silly!

Chrissy said a big no thank you to the sand and sun and preferred hanging out in the stroller while Mommy walked over seven miles in the hot sun, but they found a kickin' library and even signed up to become members.  They also found a carousel.  Thankfully, she kept cool under her hat.


She had such a good nap that she woke up super, super happy.

And hungry for her teething toy.
They joined Daddy and me at the beach during their mid-walk break.  They found all of our beach toys strewn about.  The true sign of a masterpiece in progress.  Daddy and I made a sand 'castle' which, to the non-artist community might look more like a pool filled with water that kept disappearing.  We took many a bucket of ocean water to refill our castle, but I think there were foundation leaks.  Maybe my mail order structural engineering degree isn't all it's cracked up to be!
Snack time in the shade!
Love my nice curls, made super cute by the saltwater and ocean breeze.

Surprise!  Mommy and Chrissy snuck onto the beach for a quick hi.

Thankfully, they captured a great Daddy and me moment.
Bonding over goldfish- heaven here on earth!
They whined about sand getting up in their grill so they went back to the condo to make lunch. 

And apparently use this opportunity to officially start rolling over for the first time ever.  Wowsers- Go, Go, Chrissy, Go Go!
When I couldn't push off my very hungry belly any longer it was time to head back to the condo ourselves and have a snack and impromptu present opening session.  My birthday is lasting forever and I'm lovin' every minute of it! 

First I open the letter.

And then I read the card.
See, it says "Samantha"


Remember that Chrissy and Mommy joined the library?  They brought home  "The Very Busy Spider" and it's a great book!  Then we played "I Spy" preschool style.  Totally different than elementary school style, for sure!

Did I tell you that my pull-up has been dry all day?  I'm well on my way. And when I do need to use the potty, I am now schooching up on the potty all by myself.  I'm a super helper!  And the potty experience? Made even more interesting with finding sand in places the sun doesn't shine.  Oops!

I am super lucky to be on a family vacation. Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LICK HER PUSSY CLEAN