Friday, July 22, 2011

Denial, It's Not Just A River In Egypt

I am really sad that today is our last full day in our condo on vacation.  Daddy and Samantha headed to the beach for a morning stroll while Mommy and I cuddled. I want to stay with Mommy forever. I love her so much!  My best naps are in her arms or cuddled next to her.

It was so super hot that Mommy cut our daily walk short, from an all week high of 11 miles down to 2.5 because we were both sweating something fierce.  We came back and found Samantha cuddling on the couch with some great books.


There's no better way to beat the heat!

Well, almost- Daddy and Chrissy time is awesome, if I do say so myself!

After naps Mommy, Samantha and I went to the library and Samantha went pee pee on the potty twice.  Yay Samantha!

Then we came home and rested in front of the tv while Daddy made dinner.  Did I mention that he did all the food shopping and all the cooking this week?  We've never eaten so well!

At 7:30, Mommy looked at Daddy and told him it was time to round up the sleepless troops and head to the boardwalk.  We weren't sleepy and it was our last chance for some fun at the beach.  We stopped for ice cream and Samantha patiently waited her turn and then asked for a doggy cone.  She cried when they told her they didn't carry doggy cones.  Mommy got her a small cone and wrapped napkins around it at Samantha's request.

Then we perked up when the gorilla mini golf place started playing fun songs like 'YMCA' and 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight'.  We all danced and sang our hearts out.  What a great fun, memory making adventure.  Go Burts- and you, too, Mommy!

No comments: