Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Treats Or Time-Outs

So, I'm pretty sure I've managed to push Mommy and Daddy to the edge of sanity.  Two days ago was a great potty day and yesterday I dug my heels into Diaperville.  This morning Daddy woke me up to the 'game' of treats or time-outs.  I'm pretty sure you don't need the long version of the rules of this game.  As you can imagine, if I go pee pee on the potty then I get a gummy bear.  If I go pee pee anywhere other than the potty (yes, there are lots and lots of other non-parent approved options!) then I get a time-out.

Mommy and I took our turns at the potty and then ditched Daddy and Chrissy for a great morning stroll on the beach.  Perfect shell searching going on here! Of course I wore my backpack that Uncle Travis and Aunt Holley sent me.  It's just right for holding lots of markers and sea shells.
Here's one!

And another.
Hey, I'm really good at finding shells!
Back off water or you'll get my tushie wet and I'll get an undeserved time-out!
Better stand up and not take any chances!

Then we headed to the boardwalk because Mommy small bladder needed to go pee pee.  She's worse than I am!

When we got home Daddy and I went to the library to check out some more kid books.  Back home I told Daddy I needed to go pee pee.  Then I looked right up at him and told him in my grown-up voice that, "I need pwivacy, please."  He wasn't sure what I was saying and Mommy was laughing so hard (about what???) that she couldn't help me out. True story, I had to tell him four times before he apologized and scooted out of the bathroom. It worked like a charm and I got my red gummy bear.

Fresh off a sugar high I put on my pretty bracelet to get ready for a kickin' lunch on the boardwalk and my beloved broke.  I knew just what to do.  I looked up at Mommy and asked for tape.  She, being totally unprepared, handed me a band-aid and told me to pretend it was colored tape.  It worked, sort of.

Off to pizza on the boardwalk. I got on the boardwalk and a biker collided right into me and knocked me to the ground. It really hurt and I cried a whole lot.  Mommy and Daddy were really mad because it was past the time that bikers were allowed on the boardwalk.  Darn people who don't know or care enough to follow the rules!

I pulled myself together and we enjoyed a delicious pizza lunch at Mack and Mancos.  Yummy!  We went home and Mommy put me to sleep.  And she got really mad when she checked in on me and found me playing with the curtains instead of sleeping.

Someone else wasn't much interested in nap time.  Guess who?  Yeppers, it's Chrissy.  She's wearing cute sunglasses that Mommy got her in a moment of 'Bad Mommy doesn't pay enough attention to the second child so I'll buy cute things to make up for it.'

Chrissy was fine with the bribe!


Good genes run in our family for sure!
PS- later that night when Mommy went for a boardwalk stroll by herself, I totally drove Daddy nutso and ended up with Harold and the Purple Crayon shows.  I started doing somersaults on the floor, right into tables and chairs and got yelled at.  Best watch tv on the couch.  Check!

No comments: